Saturday, August 27, 2011

We have lift off!!

Yes folks, we have lift off. Sam is standing alone hands free and unassisted. I'm so happy for her but yet I'm so sad because she is growing so darn fast. I can't upload pix becasue my laptop litteraly snapped in half.  :( I'm using my husbands and I dont know all of the functions. But on the note of his laptop, its HUGE. I think it was the first lap top made its so large! LOL. Can't wait to get my own again. Back on topic. Sam is doing so much now. I haven't updated in a long while. So I need to let you know that Sam is also talking now. She says "Mama" "Dada" "Yea" and I'm pretty sure i've heard a couple other things come out like the attempt of "Puppy" but it wasn't clear and a couple other things. I know I know "Puppy" your thinking I'm crazy. But she carries a stuffed puppy around everywhere with her and she and our 5lb puppy are best friends so she hears "Puppy" all the time. I'm SO proud of her. I have also Intoduced her to a few "real" people foods. I have a pampered chef manual food processer so I put suff in that for her. So far I have tried noodles with alfredo on them "like", apples "maybe" (she would rather me let her suck on an apple wedge while I hold it for her, I think she gets more flavor/juice taht way), CARROTS AND GREENBEANS "LIKE", mashed potatoes "double like", some of my homemade blueberry muffins "like", a few tiny peices of a cinamon roll "like", and I have tried a couple meats chicken and hambuger. The chicken was in the alfredo it was a "like" but the hambuger was a "dislike". Not every day just when we have something that I think is suitable for her. I didn't plan on giving her "real" food this soon, but she was doing great chewing mummum bars, puffs, and yogis. That and I know that when we do this wedding thing in a month we have a few jack ass disrespectful family members who will disreguard our rules and want to feed Sam "real" food. So I want to be the one who feeds it to her first. Also I was concerned that she would not want to go back and forth with baby food, but she is rocking it and could care less about going back and forth! Shes my little champ! So much to do when your so little and growing by the day. 18 lbs 5 oz and 27 3/4 inches. For her latest stats.
Now onto Cam. He is my awesome kindergartener. The first day he took his lunch with his cool new luch box. He came home and told me that kindergarten was boaring! LOL. But he has settled in now and is liking it. He has checked out books from the libary already also. I'm probably just as excited as about the books as he is because it means we get to read something new other than what we've been reading forever. I also appericate that his teached does regular emails to communicate. Although I am not pleased to report than he started off his 2nd weeks at school with an email to mama. He is academically doing awesome his teacher said, but he has disruption issues. They have apples, green yellow and red. They also have worms, each child does. Awarning and they move their worm to yellow and if they continue they go to red and lose play time. Well he went to yellow twice in his second week odf school. Uh oh. But My plan is to bride my child. Is that bad? Its like potty training, I bought a pack of pokemon cards (he loves them) and I intend on giving him one card a week as long as he goes with outchanging his worm for the week untill they are gone and hopefully by that time he is following the rules.How does that sound? Anyways, I will post 1st day of school pictures and pictures of Sam standing unassisted! Thats all for now folks!

1 comment:

  1. I think rewarding him for good behavior is totally fine! The way I see it, adults function on the same principal. We like to do well at work to get a bonus or promotion, etc....so if it works for him to get a little reward for having a good week then go for it :-)

    The only time I see it becoming a problem is if you keep "upping" the reward and pretty soon when you ask him to be good he says "I will if you buy me a car" LOL I bet once he gets into the routine of school and stuff he'll be doing really well. It might also help if you "play school" with him at home from time to time. Make him sit on the floor quietly while you read him a book and if he wants to talk he has to wait until the teacher (you) is done reading and then raise his hand. Things like that.

    Shawna

    ReplyDelete